Hundreds, maybe thousands of new condos coming during the Local Area Planning Process despite Interim Rezoning
• 219 E Georgia St. 9 storey narrow condo tower, approved by the director of planning in 2011
• 189 Keefer St. 10 storey condo tower with no social housing. Already approved by the Development Permit Board
• 611 Main St. 17 storey condo tower with some “senior’s housing” in the proposal. Will go to hearing at city council in October 2012.
• 633 Main St. 15 storey condo tower will go to hearing in the fall. Will go to hearing at city council in October 2012.
• 138 E Hastings St. Sequel 138 – 9 storey condo tower with 10% Affordable rental and 10% welfare rate social housing approved by the director of planning in 2012
• PLUS: 955 E Hastings (across from Raycam) likely with 20% affordaBULL? housing in the proposal. Hearing likely in the fall.
• PLUS: 1000 new condos and affordaBULL? units possibly on the 2 city owned blocks under the viaduct??? First hearing to approve demolition of viaducts likely in September 2012.
These condo projects could go ahead and bring more rent increases and gentrifying displacement, despite the Interim Zoning Policy passed by council on March 21, 2012.
Some background info about the Interim Rezoning Policy: